Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset - The Best Choice For My Money

By Ron Stephens

My first bluetooth headset was a Motorola. It always sort of flopped around on my ear no matter which of the three ear hooks I used. Sound quality was ok, but the headset itself was never comfortable. Because of the loose fit, I was always conscious that it was there and sub-consciously afraid that it would fall off.

Since that first headset, I have had several others. Until I purchased my Plantronics Voyager 510, I didn't think there was a bluetooth headset that would fit snug and be comfortable. However, I can truly say that it is so comfortable, that after I have had it on for a few minutes, I sometimes forget that I'm even wearing it.

There have even been times that my phone has rang, I pulled it out of my holster to answer it, and banged it against my headset as I put it to my ear, because I forgot that I was wearing it!

The Plantronics Voyager is probably not the most sophisticated headset available. It is definitely not the smallest, and maybe not the best looking or least noticable. It is pretty good sized, with a boom microphone that comes half way down my cheek.

I don't really care too much about the looks however because I'm not comfortable walking around in the grocery store, or the mall talking on a headset while people look at me, so I only wear it when I am driving. Because I only use it in my car, I don't really care how big it is (as long as it is comfortable) or what it looks like.

But after owning several headsets, and being unhappy with fit and sound quality of most of the others, I really like my Plantronics Voyager. It has great sound quality, and people I am talking to on the other end don't seem to know that I am on a headset. Another thing I like about it is the the talk time is huge. Six hours of power talking.

The only downside to the Voyager is the size of the on/off button. It is small and hard to press. The volume controls are ok. The off hook switch however is very well placed and easy to use.

At the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $99, its definitely a little spendy. But if you shop around like I did, you can find it at half that price, which puts the Plantronics Voyager 510 bluetooth headset at one of the best values for a bluetooth headset for sure.

To find out more about cutting edge, bluetooth technology, and find the best cell phones and bluetooth headsets, you can visit the site below. Ron Stephens has worked in sales and marketing for over 25 years, specializing in exceptional customer service. While he has excelled in sales as a top performer, he has always had a passion for going above and beyond to provide a long term benefit to his clients. You can view his newest customer service oriented website at: http://www.bestbluetoothcell.com

No comments: